Metabolic rate is a measure of how much food, or fat is converted to energy in a day. Resting metabolic (RMR) rate is the measurement of how much food, or energy, is required to maintain basic body functions such as heartbeat, breathing and maintenance of body heat while you are in a state of rest, or simply your existence for a 24hr period. This energy is expressed as calories you use in a day. So your RMR test will show how many calories you burn at rest, doing nothing more than just sitting.
The only way to tell if you are burning fat is to test your metabolism. Then individualize your weight loss plan. There is no such thing as a “one size fits all” Each person’s metabolism is different based on genetics,, eating habits and fitness level. Each of us, gain or lose weight for a variety of physical emotional and environmental factors. For the most part the averages we have access to, are not adequient numbers to construct your diet plan. The RMR testing gives you specific data so that you can customize the plan that works for you. No gimmicks or promises from us, just the facts.
- Resting Energy Expenditure (REE, RMR) with face mask/mouthpiece/canopy (optional)
- Weight Management Program (Energy Balance)
- Physical Activity Monitoring (integration with accelerometer) (optional)
- Diet Software w/ Weekly Meal Planner
- Standard Measurements (blood pressure, WHR, resting heart rate, BMI..)
- Framingham Index
- Body Composition (skin-fold)